Please see the latest newsletter where recent projects are reported with photos.
- Donated $500.00 to Richard Wright and Amy Newman’s Bonepicker project - Enigma: The Florence Wilson Story.
- Donated $2,023.35 for Automated External Defibrillator (AED) at Theatre Royal.
- Completed and posted Stanley Kiosk cemetery information signs, listing persons that we are aware of, that are buried there.
- A spring and fall Newsletter was created by Lana Fox with some articles submitted by Board members. They are posted and available for viewing here.
- Two $400.00 “Jerry McDonald” Bursary awards from the Friends of Barkerville – Cariboo Goldfields Historical Society were presented to graduating high school students pursuing post secondary education, with preference going to students enrolling in History and/or Journalism.
- Advertisements for our non profit society were purchased and printed in the Quesnel Observer’s spring Visitor’s Guide and the Barkerville Historic Town & Park Visitor’s guide. We also have a notice in the Quesnel and District Activity Guide, issued twice annually by the Quesnel Arts and Recreation Centre.
- Two work bees were done this summer. One held in August doing trail maintenance on the 1861 Gold Rush Pack Trail from Rhubarb cabin to a few hundred metres north of Racetrack flats. The second one in September doing trail maintenance from Grouse City, along Grouse and White Grouse creeks, to just north of Racetrack flats.
- We will continue with our membership drive, volunteering and setting up a table at the Barkerville Victorian Christmas being held Dec. 14 to 16, 2019.
- We printed and distributed 1000 postcards around Quesnel, Wells, and Barkerville. They will also be available at the Christmas event. For every membership purchased your name will go into our door prize draw for first prize, 2 little gold nuggets and second prize, 2 antique bottles with tiny lights inside.
- We have applied for becoming a Registered, Charitable, Not for Profit Society.
- Cleaning of outhouses at Stanley Cemetery and Blessings Grave site are contracted out for spring, summer, and fall.
- A Gaming grant application was submitted for funds to build an outdoor amphitheatre at one of the recreational camp sites in the park.
- Eva Grandell is managing our website and moved it to a different and more secure server.
- Doug Perdue is going to build 3 new donation boxes to replace worn and weathered existing ones, that we have dispersed in and around the Barkerville town site.
- Our Board met with Barkerville Management in July to discuss existing and upcoming projects in and around Barkerville. We wanted to be proactive in our supportive role, helping with projects and ideas in Barkerville town site and park and surrounding area.
- We will be having a person contracted to do data entry on a spreadsheet with Lana, for memberships. As well as creating a membership email distribution list to enable us to do electronic mail outs to our membership informing them of newsletters, work bees, projects, AGM’s,etc.
- Our AGM took place at the Quesnel Library Nov. 6, 2019 where reports were submitted an read out. Our Board of directors and Executive remains the same with all members continuing by acclamation.